A batter is as good as his bat; this is a famous saying in the game of baseball. So which bat is perfect for you? As I always mention a perfect bat is not determined by its graphics, brand or price. In fact, some cheap bats perform better than some expensive bats, so before picking a bat what should you consider? Well, pay attention to a bat’s drop weight, durability, and material.
Even after a bat ticks the above checklists, you will still need to swing it. This helps you identify which bat seems comfortable in your hands. Several bats have made their way to the market but few have created a great impact on the field. One such bat is the DeMarini one og, filled with a host of features, the bat is worth a mention among the greatest bats of all time. Below we will give a review of the DeMarini one og bat and look at some of its pros and cons
What makes the DeMarini One OG special
It’s not a secret that the DeMarini company has over the years produced impeccable bats that have smashed world records. One bat that deserves a standing ovation is the DeMarini one og. So what makes it special? Well, if you are a power hitter then the DeMarini one og should be your bat. Having met every league’s requirement, the DeMarini one og boasts a collective advantage over other bats in the market.
One noteworthy feature is the 13-inch composite barrel. This S.One feature is crucial in helping power hitters have that stiff feeling while swinging the bat, hence allowing them to make powerful hits. Additionally, apart from the S.One feature, there is the ZnX alloy technology which allows batters to have that explosive touch. The DeMarini one og is a 2016 model which comes packed with a host of features to boost its performance.
Features of DeMarini One Og
- 13-inch composite barrel length- this feature helps hitters have maximum reach on all incoming balls.
- 2 ¼ inch barrel diameter- the diameter helps in increasing the size of the sweet spot thereby allowing batters to make powerful hits.
- Dish end cap- this is a concave cap that helps in transferring energy back to the barrel than to the sweet spot allowing users to have those massive hits.
- Hybrid handle –this is a two-piece construction- alloy and composite that helps hitters have that stiffer feeling while swinging the bat.
- You will get to enjoy free shipping.
- Rck knob- this is an additional feature that gives users that comfortable grip while using the bat.
- Ultra-thin grip- this is the 6-millimeter grip that lets you have a firm grip while using the bat.
- ZnX alloy handle – this is a feature that allows users to have a stiffer feeling while limiting the bat’s flex and boosting the barrel’s performance.
- Certifications – the bat has been approved for play in ASA, USSSA, ISA, and NSA, hence can play on any league.
- 4.0ne composite barrel- this feature is designed to allow the bat has that explosive performance while having a maximum stiffness.
- It comes with a full 12-month warranty.
- They have a great customer service.
- It has an explosive performance.
- The pop sound is just out of this world.
- It is good for multiple slow pitch leagues.
- Allows you to make massive hits with less vibration.
- It needs several hits to break in.
- The grip in most cases comes unraveled which is annoying because you will need to re-fix it or order a lizard skin.
- It is quite expensive.
- Just as other composite bats, it is not durable.
Finding the perfect bat can be a daunting task if you don’t know which bat to pick. So which bat should you pick? Before picking a bat always consider its durability, material and drop weight. These factors will help you narrow down to a few bats, from there you can try swinging a few of them so as to pick the right one.
One bat that has made a name for itself is the DeMarini One Og. Filled with a host of features such as the ZnX alloy which gives a stiffer touch and the dish end cap which transfers energy back to the barrel the bat has been known to give users massive hits.
Furthermore, the bat comes with crazy graphics and an impeccable pop sound which is hard to miss if you are around. If you in the market for a good bat, why don’t you try it and if you already have it why don’t you give us your thoughts?