Sports training has changed from the traditional way where different coaches were needed for every aspect of the game. With the advance of modern games, technology has become a regular tool that is being used to train players on different aspects of their game. One sport that has enjoyed these advancements is baseball; it is now possible to have a machine that pitches balls to you in the field. Below we will delve into details regarding one of the best tools of the 21st century that is changing the traditional way of baseball.
Zooka ZS740 Pitching Machine Review
Why Zooka ZS740
Zooka Zs740 is a revolutionary pitching machine that comes with a long tripod. The tripod helps in pitching balls at a high distance. This tool lets you customize your practice by setting your preferential speed for baseballs/ tennis balls. Setting up this machine is quite easy and so is using it, this is especially so that it doesn’t come with wheels. Furthermore, it comes with an external battery which helps in doubling the number of pitches while practicing. It works by feeding the ball to the barrel, and once it gets detected, compressed air pumps up, forcing the internal cup to shoot which propels the ball. Below are some of the reasons why it is outstanding.
- It is battery powered and light, weighing only 30 lbs. This makes it easily portable to any location.
- Under a single charge, it can pitch 700+ baseballs at 40 miles per hour, 500+ at 50 mph and 400 + pitches at 70mph.
- The Zooka ZS740 can pitch any ball, from baseball to tennis ball. This makes it be an all-around tool that looks to develop a player’s sport.
- It comes with some safety features which include: a start-up button that is password-protected to help you manage your practice and a shutdown button.
- Its battery takes overnight to fully charge while its life can take from 5 to 10 years. Furthermore, it only takes it 5 hours for it to charge 80% which is enough for practice.
- It has a digital control platform that allows you to customize your preferred speed or preprogram your practice at various speeds and locations. With these customizations, you are sure to develop your baseball skills.
- This zooka machine can pitch baseball as far as 60 feet, typically with a speed of 70 miles per hour, it is challenging human pitchers in all aspects.
The Speed Zooka alternatives
Below are some of the alternatives to speed Zooka ZS740.
Junior Hack Attack Softball Pitching Machine
This pitching machine is one of the best alternatives to Zooka ZS740, it boasts unmatched left and right fastballs and breaking pitches for major leagues. One outstanding feature is that it can change immediately to fungo work which allows it to pivot in any direction; this allows it to simulate games with long fly balls, spins, and deep line drives. Furthermore, it is designed to use leather and dimpled practice baseballs.
Hack Attack Baseball Pitching Machine by Sports Attack
This hack pitching machine by sports attack comes with three wheels which let a player watch clearly as the ball is fully fed through the feeding motion. Furthermore, a hitter will manage to judge the angle and choose when to stride; this gives him/her an actual sense of timing and location. It also has a commendable pitch speed of 100+ mph and at a distance of 60 feet.
Sports Attack Junior Hack Attack Baseball Pitching Machine
This sports attack junior hack attack pitching machine was designed to help youthful players develop their baseball skills. Like its predecessor it allows hitters to view the ball as it is being fed from their feeding hole, then the hitter can manage to judge when to stride or the angle of release.
BSN Bulldog Baseball/Softball Pitching Machine
This is another alternative to the Zooka ZS740; BSN bulldog pitching machine boasts a lightweight design which makes it easily portable. It can pitch balls as fast as 30 to 60 miles per hour, though not close to some other pitching machines, it is still commendable. Additionally, it is designed with durable legs that allow conversion of either softball or baseball and also possesses a urethane wheel which increases durability; hence eliminating air pressure issues.
The Wheeler Dealer Baseball Automatic Toss Pitching Machine
This is the start of the art machine which is way ahead of its time. It has defined portability when it comes to pitching machines; it is foldable allowing players to carry it as they wish. One outstanding feature of this softball toss machine is that it gives a guarantee of over 5 years of which 2 years are for the battery. Furthermore, it works around with a 24-volt battery which allows it to function for over 12 hours without recharging.
JUGS Lite-Flite Machine for Baseball and Softball
The jugs lite-flite pitch machine boasts the fact that it is durable; furthermore, it provides a holistic number of movements that simulate curves, fastballs, and sliders. It also allows speeds of 85 miles per hour at a distance of 25 feet. This is quite a disadvantage when compared to its counterpart the Zooka ZS740 which fire at a distance of 60 feet. Lastly, this pitching machine develops a player’s skill by letting him/her learn to hit a sharp breaking pitch without any fear of getting hit.
First Pitch Baseline Pitching Machine
This baseline pitching machine is best suited for coaching the youth on both baseball and softball. One of its iconic features is that it can pitch balls as fast as 70 miles per hour. Additionally, it has a swivel base which lets its legs to reverse when need be.
Louisville Slugger UPM 45 Blue Flame Pitching Machine
The Louisville Slugger pitching machine is another alternative machine to the Zooka; it boasts throwing any ball from hardball, softballs, and volleyball to soccer balls. It also teaches proper swing mechanics by throwing level pitches. Furthermore, it throws hardballs at a rate of 18 to 45 miles per hour with ease. It is recommended for fly balls and even grounders because of its accuracy.
Features and Detail of Speed Zooka
- The Zooka ZS740 pitching machine throws baseballs up to 70 miles per hour. Additionally, this machine also throws dimple, tennis and most safety balls.
- It also boasts the fact that it allows users to customize their speeds. On a single charge, this pitching machine can pitch up to 700+ baseballs at a speed of 40 miles per hour. Additionally, it can also be customized to pitch baseballs at 500+ at a speed of 50 miles per hour or 400 + pitches at 70miles per hour.
- It is battery powered allowing it to be easily portable to any location; furthermore, its battery only takes 5 hours to charge up to 80 % while its life has a guarantee of between 5 to 10 years.
- Its battery is 110 VAC, 60 Hz; this allows users to use it over a significant period without charging constantly. Additionally, it comes with an internally sealed volt of 12.
- The Zooka ZS740 pitching machine is designed to be durable and comes with a thickness of 1/8 inches on its chassis and a polycarbonate outer housing which absorbs high impacts. Furthermore, it has a high strength aluminum alloy tripod and barrel.
- It is lightweight weighing only 30 lbs. And has a compact size of 36 inches in length. This allows it to be easily moved from one location to another.
- This pitching machine is recommended for 5 + years and above; additionally, it is used in all major leagues to train individual players on different aspects of their games, hence proving its worth in the market.
- It comes with the connector to add to the external battery, a charger for its internal battery and a tripod. It is noteworthy that for the Zooka ZS740 to fully charge, you have to let it charge overnight.
- Its tripod length is 43 inches and can be folded, this adds to the fact that it can pitch at high speeds and high distances.
- It has a factory warranty of only 12 months.
- Lastly, it has a digital speed readout which makes it easy to customize your practice.
- It has safety features such as password-protected buttons that allow you to personally manage it.
speed zooka Pros
- The Zooka ZS740 pitch machine can pitch a high number of baseballs, and their distance is commendable when compared to other pitching machines that throw at a small distance.
- It is durable and light allowing users to carry it to any location with ease.
- The Zooka has a wonderful battery life of about 5 years which explains its durability.
- With a customizable speed platform from 10 to 70 miles per hour, users can develop their skills easily.
- It is efficient for both infield and outfield practice.
speed zooka Cons
- It involves a little more work when it comes to setting up for batting practice.
Zooka ZS740 is a revolutionary pitching machine that has taken baseball to the next level. One of its outstanding features is the fact that it can pitch balls at speeds of 70 miles per hour. Additionally, its battery can last as much as 10 hours, its light, weighing only 30 lbs. This makes it easy for players to set it up at the center of the pitch. If you in the market for a pitching machine, consider the Zooka ZS740 pitching machine.
Author: Mike Trout
John Mike Trout is an American Professional Baseball player. He was born California. John Mike is a 2 MLB All-Star. He loves to write about baseball.